The UNC System defines the traditional transfer student as one who has attended a non-community college post-secondary institution, is ‘under’ the age of 21, and has not earned a bachelor’s degree. Any student who has earned a bachelor’s degree and would like to earn a second bachelor’s degree is classified as a second degree student and not a transfer student.
If you have only taken courses at a community college, we encourage you to visit the NC Community College Transfer page, where you will find information more applicable to your unique circumstances.
Special Considerations for Traditional Transfer Students
- Many institutions have “pathways” to help facilitate the transition into a major. These plans differ from institution to institution. For this reason, transfer students should contact the transfer advisor and consult the registrar’s website at their chosen institution. These resources will provide detailed information about degree plans and transfer policies. Plan to do as much preparation for your major as possible prior to transfer.
- Campuses will complete a course-by-course evaluation of prior college courses to determine transfer credit at the time of admission. Students who start their studies at one institution knowing in advance they will finish their degree at a second institution will find it advantageous to research which courses will transfer. Careful planning will ensure that courses you take at one institution count toward your degree requirements as articulated by the institution where you complete your studies. Typically, this involves asking the following questions: Which courses will satisfy the general education requirements at the institution from which you intend to graduate? Which classes will satisfy the prerequisites for the upper-level coursework you will need to complete? Will any courses at the first institution count toward the degree requirements at the second institution?
- Courses at two different institutions sharing the same title will not necessarily count as a course equivalency.
- Transfer students do not have to come from within the UNC System, but course equivalencies will vary.
- Prior to starting the application process, second degree seeking students are advised to talk with a transfer counselor. In some cases, programs will not accept students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree. In other cases, some of the work completed toward the first degree might count toward the second degree, or it can satisfy prerequisites. Consulting with an advisor can help students determine whether the pursuit of a second degree (as opposed to a master’s degree or a learning certificate) is worth the effort.
How do I transfer to a UNC campus?
- Compare and contrast the 16 universities within the UNC System, focusing your attention on finding the institutions that offer the major you want to pursue. Contact the transfer counselor at the campus of your choice. We strongly encourage you to speak with a transfer counselor and/or attend a transfer event at your chosen campus.
- After choosing a university, review its admission requirements.
- Use the table below to find and contact the transfer counselor at the institution of your choice. We strongly encourage you to speak with a transfer counselor and/or attend a transfer event at your chosen institution.
- Fill out a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and visit the financial aid office at the institution of your choice.
- Review course equivalencies at the institution of your choice.
|Appalachian State University||Jane Rex||Director, Office of Transfer Servicesemail@example.com|
|Appalachian State University||Selena Dollar||Asst. Director, Transfer Articulationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Appalachian State University||Beth Watts||Transfer Transition Advisoremail@example.com|
|Appalachian State University||Jayne Dowdy||Associate Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|East Carolina University||Joshua Dail||Veterans Affairs Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|East Carolina University||Jeffrey Netznik||Associate Director for Military Outreachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|East Carolina University||Millicent Thomas||Online Learning Support Advisoremail@example.com|
|East Carolina University||Erica Hoyt||Associate Director for Transfer Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elizabeth City State University||Harold Murrill||Admissions/Transfer Counseloremail@example.com|
|Elizabeth City State University||Larry Wilson||Admissions / Transfer Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elizabeth City State University||LaTonya Lewis Jones||Admissions / Transfer Counseloremail@example.com|
|Fayetteville State University||Jonathan Cobb||Assistant Director of Admission Transfersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fayetteville State University||Darnette Hall||Senior Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|Fayetteville State University||Brooke Vann||Admissions Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fayetteville State University||R. Donte’ Wise||Senior Assistant Director of Admission/Transfer Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|North Carolina A&T State University||Jameia A. Tennie||Interim Director of Undergraduate Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Carolina A&T State University||Christopher Carico||Transfer Admissions Counseloremail@example.com|
|North Carolina A&T State University||Essence Largent||Transfer Admissions Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Carolina Central University||Denettia Shaw||Director of Transfer Servicesemail@example.com|
|North Carolina Central University||Hepston H. Henry, II||Veterans Affairs Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Carolina Central University||Paul B. Phipps||Student Services Specialistemail@example.com|
|North Carolina State University||Taylor Holland||Associate Director of Admissions and Transfer Admissions Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Asheville||Grayson Randall||Transfer Admissions Counseloremail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Melody Levy||Senior Assistant Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Andrew Parrish||Senior Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||August Armbrister||Admissions Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Hayes Boylston||Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Sloan Johnson||Admissions Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Heather May||Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Olivia Miller||Assistant Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Allee Olive||Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Rebecca Egbert||Senior Assistant Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Maria Rodriguez||Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Ni-Eric Perkins||Senior Assistant Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Madeline Snider||Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Brian Woodard||Assistant Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Rickita Worrell||Assistant Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC-Chapel Hill||Patty Haydon||Senior Assistant Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Charlotte||Barbara Seyter||Senior Associate Director (Undergraduate Admissions)||704-687- email@example.com|
|UNC Charlotte||Jami Dawkins||Assistant Director, Transfer Outreach (Undergraduate Admissions)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Charlotte||Lauren Grimes||Transfer Admissions Counselor (Undergraduate Admissions)||email@example.com|
|UNC Charlotte||Kaitlyn Kubacki||Transfer Admissions Counselor (Undergraduate Admissions)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Greensboro||Clay Alexander||Associate Directoremail@example.com|
|UNC Greensboro||Kelly Caudle||Associate Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Greensboro||Nita Albrecht||Associate Directoremail@example.com|
|UNC Greensboro||Josh Artrip||Senior Assistant Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Greensboro||Andre’ Hill||Senior Assistant Directoremail@example.com|
|UNC Greensboro||Lindsey Kennedy||Assistant Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Greensboro||Sarah Griffin||Admissions Counseloremail@example.com|
|UNC Greensboro||Matthew McKay||Admissions Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Greensboro||Michael Clinton||Admissions Counseloremail@example.com|
|UNC Greensboro||Angie Moore||Student Services Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Greensboro||Kacy S. McAdoo||Senior Associate Directoremail@example.com|
|UNC Pembroke||Amber Dial||Data Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Pembroke||Engle Revels||Associate Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|UNC Wilmington||Micah Jarrett||Transfer Admission Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Wilmington||Cassidy Bailey||Transfer Admission Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|UNC Wilmington||Jessica Horne||Assistant Director of Transfer Admissionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Wilmington||Jo Hannah Fitzwater||Transfer Admission Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|UNC Wilmington||Erica Bowen||Transfer Admission Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Wilmington||Karla Blanton||Assistant Director of Transfer Admissionemail@example.com|
|UNC Wilmington||Emilee Farnes||Transfer Admission Coordinator (Onslow Campus)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNC Wilmington||Nile McKibben||Transfer Admission Coordinator (Camp Lejune)||email@example.com|
|Western Carolina University||Heather Hill||Senior Assistant Director of Admissionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Carolina University||Emily Bingham||Transfer Counseloremail@example.com|
|Western Carolina University||Hannah Scott||Transfer Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Carolina University||Keri Clark||Transfer Counseloremail@example.com|
|Winston-Salem State University||Marquita Graves||Associate Registrarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Winston-Salem State University||Chenetta Mallette||Assistant Registraremail@example.com|
|Winston-Salem State University||Kerwin Graham||Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|