Coronavirus Resource center
The UNC System and its constituent institutions are working closely with local, state, and federal health authorities to monitor developments, coordinate and share information, and provide guidance regarding COVID-19. Concern for the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and University partners is foremost in mind. We’ve created this site to provide easy access to information about COVID-19, our response, and available resources.
We understand this is a stressful time for many in our community, and we are taking the necessary steps to help reduce the spread of the virus. We appreciate our entire UNC System community’s participation in helping us reduce the spread. Please check back here for regular updates and closely follow guidance from health professionals and individual institution leaders.
From our president
Below is the most recent video message from UNC System Interim President Bill Roper, a physician and former head of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), to the community, faculty, staff, and students on the UNC System status and actions to limit the spread of COVID-19.
UNC SYSTEM Press releases
To find the latest information and updates on COVID-19, visit the UNC System COVID-19 Resource Center or your institution’s webpage regularly.
- May 19, 2020 — Groups Donate over $700,000 to Student Emergency Funds
- April 29, 2020 — UNC System Interim President: Moving Forward Toward Fall 2020
- March 30, 2020 — UNC System Commits to Prorated Reimbursements for Unused Housing and Dining Services
- March 26, 2020 — UNC System Donors Can Assist Students Facing Hardships Through Emergency Funds
- March 17, 2020 — UNC System Updates Guidance to Constituent Institutions
- March 17, 2020 — UNC System Assists Faculty and Instructors with Transition to Online Learning
- March 11, 2020 — UNC System Issues Update on Coronavirus Preparations